Vegan Millionaires Shortbread
Preparation time: 90 Minutes
Yield: 12 pieces (Form 20 x 15 cm)
Ingredients for the Shortbread:
· 220 g spelt flour
· 100 g corn sugar
· 175 g vegan butter
1. Pre heat oven to 150 degrees
2. Line a baking tray ( 20 x 15 cm) with greaseproof paper
3. Mix the butter, spelt flour and corn sugar to a crumbly dough.
4. Empty the crumbs into the lined baking form and press down firmly to make a base
5. Place in the oven for approx. 25 minutes until light brown in colour
6. Take the shortbread out of the oven and leave to cool in the form. Do not remove it
7. In the meantime, prepare the caramel filling. You need time and patience 😊
8. Pour the coconut milk in a pan. Add the butter, rice syrup and corn sugar.
9. Boil slowly. Carry on boiling the mixture on middle heat, but keep on stirring all the time!
10. It can take up to 30 minutes until the caramel reaches the right thickness. It should be like runny honey
11. Pour the caramel onto the shortbread base. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours until the caramel has set
12. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the set caramel
13. Place it back in the fridge to set
14. Carefully cut into pieces. If the chocolate too hard is to slice through, run the knife under hot water first 😉Enjoy!!