For approx 16, you need:
50 g dark chocolate (low fructose)
100 g whole milk chocolate (low fructose)
40 g cracknel (3 g butter, 20 g corn sugar, 40 g chopped almonds)
1 tsp sunflower oil
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over hot water and pour in to the praline form to coat the forms.
- Leave the rest of the melted dark chocolate on the side
- Leave the praline form in the fridge for approx. 30 minutes to set
- In the meantime, make the cracknel
- Put the butter, sugar and almonds in a coated pan and heat up until golden brown. Keep stirring all the time
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool down
- Melt the whole milk chocolate in a bowl over hot water (see tip below)
- Add the oil and the cranknel, mix it all together
- Carefully fill the praline form with the mixture and seal the top with the melted dark chocolate
- Leave the pralines in the fridge for approx. 2 hours until the have set. Carefully, remove them from the form
- Keep in an air-tight container
TIP: Not every chocolate melts well ☹
By white chocolate, you have to be careful that it doesn´t get too hot.
Some whole milk/dark chocolate don´t melt very well either. If this is the case, add a little cocoa butter to the
This should help, but I`ve had chocolate that I´ve had to throw away because it just didn´t work :(
Trial and error...
Info: Don´t forget your tolerance level!!
The rum truffle contain a little fructose and alcohol. Not enough to really mention, but still be careful!
Coconut can contain a little sorbitol. Again, not really worth a mention, but still think about it before you eat too many!!