Coconut truffles with white chocolate
For approx. 20, you need:
60 g coconut fat
100 ml coconut milk (cream)
70 g powdered dextrose
a few drops of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
140 g desiccated coconut + extra to roll
Approx. 100 g white chocolate (low fructose)
Melt the coconut fat with the coconut milk in a pan
Add the dextrose, vanilla and salt. Bring to the boil and let it boil for a few minutes
Remove from the heat and add the 140 g of coconut
- Place the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour until you can make a small ball from the mixture
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over hot water (see tip below)
- Make small balls out of the coconut mixture
- Carefully dip the ball into the white chocolate first and then carefully roll it in the rest of the coconut
- Leave on a rack or place in a small paper case
- Store in an air-tight container :)
TIP: Not every chocolate melts well ☹
By white chocolate, you have to be careful that it doesn´t get too hot.
Some whole milk/dark chocolate don´t melt very well either. If this is the case, add a little cocoa butter to the
This should help, but I`ve had chocolate that I´ve had to throw away because it just didn´t work :(
Trial and error...
Info: Don´t forget your tolerance level!!
The rum truffle contain a little fructose and alcohol. Not enough to really mention, but still be careful!
Coconut can contain a little sorbitol. Again, not really worth a mention, but still think about it before you eat too many!!